City of Boroondara
July 2017 – June 2018
The renewal of the pavilion at Camberwell Hockey Club (CHC) addressed the ageing and functional limitations of the existing building to ensure the pavilion is better able to service the CHC and the wider community. CHC remained operational throughout the construction.
The project included;
• Ground Floor – Reception, gym, change rooms, ice bath, spa pool and storage area
• Level 1 – Function room, meeting space, canteen and physio consultation room.
• External fencing, exposed aggregate pavement, perforated metal screen façade, timber deck and viewing platform.
The CHC has been designed to incorporate a full suite of sustainability initiatives that aim to reduce energy and water usage, choose sustainable materials and provide a building that promotes health, wellbeing and productivity for the club’s staff, members and visitors. The project uses Green Star Design & As Built tool to guide the sustainable design of the project, with the aim of achieving a 5 Star equivalent rating.
IB Projects attained this by implementing the following initiatives;
• High performance thermally broken, double glazed windows and good levels of thermal insulation;
• Efficient LED light fittings;
• Efficient lighting controls system;
• Harvesting rainwater to supply water for toilet flushing and irrigation
• Waste management plan and monthly waste reports
• Quarterly reporting of monthly monitoring activities and building tuning report